Thursday

The 2014 Taylor Top 40!

What a stellar year! In 2014, pop melodies returned in full force, at long last. I actually listened to the radio for the first time in a decade (having a car again was a major contributing force, mind you) and I packed my playlists with quirky, cool uptempo POP songs.

For the Ariana Grande haters, the girl can deliver live. Her a-capella version of “Love Me Harder” removes all doubt… and she’s damn adorable. I’m a major follower. So there!

2014 SUPERLATIVES! Top Female Vocalist: Ariana Grande (2 top 10 songs)
Runner-Up Female Vocalist: Taylor Swift (2 top 20 songs)
Top Male Vocalist: Junior Turner (second consecutive year)
Runner-Up Male Vocalist: Richard Marx
Best New Artist: Ariana Grande

AND THEN SOME…
* Worst Songs of 2014: “Anaconda,” Nicki Minaj & “All About the Bass,” Meghan Trainor
* Please just go away: Beyonce, Iggy Azalea, Lorde
* Fallen from grace (It's all about the melodies, not your celebrity): Lady Gaga, Madonna
* The acclaimed act I just don’t get: Sam Smith
* Album of the Year: No such thing in 2014. Come back, Adele!
* Hottest Act of 2014: Nick Jonas (mercy, I thought Joe was the sexy one)
* Discovery: Thank god for Shazam. I first heard 2014 hits from Shawn Colvin & Paramore while shopping at Home Depot!
* The Billboard 2014 Hot 100 and the Taylor Top 40 share 5 songs: "Shake It Off," "Bang Bang," "Story of My Life," "Habits (Stay High)" and "Boom Clap."

No comments:

Post a Comment